Monday, September 1, 2008

Final Count Down

With this initial test of my blog I thought I would explain the significance of the overall title and lay out the logistics of my trip as I understand them.

"La Poderosa" or "The Mighty One" is a reference to the name given to an unreliable motorcyle used by Ernesto "Che" Guevara and his friend during their road trip across South America. While my trek may not be as noble or politically questionable as his I do hope to experience the places I visit in the same manner: with a quest to form relationships that produce a better understanding of different cultures and people. While technically my academic career may be on hiatus much still can be learned when the walls of these institutions are removed. I hope to share these experiences with you via technology and hope that we can actively stay involved in one another's lives despite many miles of physical separation.

Regarding the logistics: I am scheduled to leave the evening of September 22 (Happy birthday Lauren!) and land in London the following morning. From there I have a connecting flight to Barcelona. Subsequently, I plan to take a train through France to meet my Father in Rome and then visit some of our friends in Greece before returning to Barcelona for the first day of classes October 13. The course lasts until November 7 and the program I'm participating in is called LanguageCorps. More details to come as time progresses...

No comments: